Sunday, January 8, 2012

Boman Family Stay-cation

July 9 - My family did not take a big family trip this year. Instead we all got together for a weekend of fun at my parent's house. It started on Friday night with a BBQ and then some games. We had a grueling game of minute to win it that provided plenty of laughs....
Here are my dad and brother Kyle using flippers to put a badminton birdie into a laundry basket. Many had tried before and said it was impossible.... but they did it! Daddy and Rylee won this game, too. That didn't make Logan too happy. He hates to lose...especially to his sister!
Here is a game where there were pennies in the bottom of these pantyhose and you had to race to reach the bottom. It is my dad, brother Jeff, sister Heather and one of my brother's friends. I think Heather won this one. Cute little spectators Avery and Ethan
CHEESE!
This game you had to use spaghetti noodles to pick up six pieces of Penne. I love how Rylee is watching Uncle Jeff so closely! Daddy
Uncle Dean was the winner! Our grand finale was the Cookie Face game where you try and get an oreo into your mouth from your forehead using only your facial muscles. It was entertaining for sure! Logan looking so serious
This is an awful picture.... but look at Avery in the background! It makes me laugh every time... She was scavenging the cookies off the ground, but I guess she thought they needed to be on her forehead before she could eat them. So funny! Me playing with my sistersDaddy was by far the best at this game! I'm pretty sure he set some sort of record!
After our Minute to Win It fun, we watched Despicable Me using a projector on Grandma's garage. Our own fun little drive-in movie! Cute Uncle Kyle and his popcorn
Miss Rylee
Avery and Grandma
Logan watching the movie with Uncle Brad
After that, some of the brave ones camped out in the backyard. Rylee couldn't wait to sleep in a tent! She got really tired though and was so upset waiting for daddy. Once Daddy got into the tent, she was fine. She told him she wanted to "chat" and then talked for a minute or two and went right to sleep.
The boys were supposed to be sleeping in the other tent - My dad, Uncle Kyle and Uncle Brad and Logan. But, there was a big thunderstorm and their tent had a broken zipper. So, I think Kyle and Logan ended up in Daddy's tent and Grandpa and Uncle Brad slept inside.
July 10 - The next morning, my mom and sisters and sister-in-law went and ran a 5k(and Ethan in my sister's stroller). It was for an old neighbor of ours whose little girl has cancer. It was for a great cause and we had a lot of fun! Thanks for being my running partner, Laura!

After the 5k, we came home and had breakfast and then we headed over to the Jr High for some more fundraiser activities for the family. There was a big yard sale and a magic show and a silent auction and a bunch of stuff going on. It was fun to check it all out. We got some snow cones for the kids and they had a great time eating them on Grandma's porch when we got back.







I was having a bit too much fun with my new camera....

Later that afternoon, we had a road rally/photo scavenger hunt activity. We split up into teams and had to get pictures at all kinds of different places. I think we only had an hour to come back. It was a lot of fun!
My team was me and my girls, my mom, Kyle and my brother-in-law Jay - here we are on a park slide - Avery was taking a nap in the van for this picture. Don't worry! The van was very close!
Eensy weensy spider in front of the movie theaterA human pyramid at the mall - Sadly, we didn't win, but it was a lot of fun! Logan and Daddy were on the same team, but I didn't have pictures of their team....
Afterwards, we hung out at Grandma's for a little bit. Here are cute Avery and Ethan sharing a popsicle...

Then the cousins took a dip in the kiddie pool. They were having a great time even though they were freezing!


Playing Ring Around the Rosies



Avery was loving it! I had to drag her out!
Ry was done....
Logan all wrapped up in his towel!

Even though it wasn't a fancy vacation, we had a great time being together and made lots of fun memories!

No comments: