Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Random Roundup

I am getting close to being caught up - I might even make it before Friday!!! Here is a bunch of the last photos I found from July and August that didn't make their own posts! After this post, I think I will actually be posting in the current month, which rarely happens for me!


JULY
My kids have discovered a really fun park near our house that has a little creek that runs through it and they love it! I really should learn to take swimming suits though because they always end up soaked and have ruined their clothes there a few times. It also causes a lot of stress to have them in the water. The area they play in is nice and slow and shallow, but a little further down, it is not and Rylee has fallen all the way in and scared me to death. They love it though! I think these pictures are from a trip we took there on July 2. My brother Brad came to stay with us for a few days to have some dental work done, so he came along, too.
Cute boy Logan!
Funny Face Rylee
This one is a little better!
Splashing in the water! Their favorite thing to do is throw the rocks.
Rylee got a time out for throwing rocks at Logan. I was trying to take this picture of her pouty face without her knowing since she was in trouble, but it didn't quite get her whole face. I love it though - It is SO Rylee!
Some bridge photos... Aren't these cute kids?


Logan running in the little river!
Smiles from my girl!
Here is another day in July playing at a different park. The kids always want to go to the park, especially when Dad is home! Logan loves to play soccer with daddy!
Rylee girl on the playground! She LOVES to climb on everything and is so fearless! I can't believe the things she can climb.
She kept asking me to take more pictures of her...
Rylee loves to pose and have her pictures taken
My little soccer boy! He has so much fun running around with Daddy!
Rylee has decided that soccer is fun, too and she likes to play with Logan and Daddy when Logan will let her!
She shoots, she scores!
Logan is always into our game closet and getting out all the games and their pieces! He has been really into the Jenga blocks and likes to build stuff with them and play dominoes with them. However, on this day, he was using them to have a "soccer game". I guess that the blocks were the players. He had them lined all up and then even sang the Star Spangled Banner to start the game. He cracks me up!
Last year, we spent a LOT of time going up the canyon and hanging out. We haven't made it up there much this summer, but we did get up there one day in July. We went to our favorite spot - The Spring Hollow area. The kids love to hike up to the waterfall (it isn't really a hike...more of a nature walk!) We love to just wander around up there and enjoy nature.
Another favorite - Throwing rocks! They especially love it when Daddy skips rocks for them! Logan thinks that is hilarious.
Isn't this spot gorgeous? I love living so close to this!
Logan looking for the perfect skipping rock

Rylee "hanging out" in the tree!
Playing in the water
Rylee and Daddy being silly!
One night in July, my parents called to see if we wanted to go to the rodeo with them in Ogden. It sounded like a fun night, so I hurried and got the kids ready and in the car and waited for Darren to come home. We waited....and waited...and waited.... and finally drove to his office. He last appointment turned into a root canal and went really long, so it put us really behind! The kids sure looked cute in their rodeo clothes though! The only problem was Logan wanted boots like Rylee and Rylee wanted a hat like Logan and we didn't have those things. They got over it pretty quickly though.
Cowgirl Princess Rylee

By the time we finished waiting for Darren, the rodeo pre-show had already started and it was still a 45 minute drive. We started on our way to the rodeo, but then part way there decided that it wasn't a great idea since we would get there late and just have to turn around and go back home. We promised the kids that we would go to another rodeo sometime and convinced them to settle for pizza instead! They were good kids to not get upset, even though they were really looking forward to it. We did have a yummy dinner though!
Logan and Daddy waiting for their pizza
Me and Rylee

This is my silly girl and some of her regular everyday messes! For some reason, Rylee is a bit of a pack rat! She loves to load up her purses, little diaper bags, or any basket, box or bag she can find with random stuff and pack it around. She will then dump it all out somewhere else and make a big mess! I spend a lot of time cleaning up these messes and trying to figure out where she got all the stuff from! She loves to pretend she is going on trips and "pack" all her stuff and pretend she is going to Salt Lake or Yellowstone or Disneyland. She is so funny! On this day, she emptied out underneath the entertainment center and made it her house and filled it with a little bit of everything from her room and the toy room - Books, toys, blankets, babies, stuffed animals... a little bit of everything! It is no wonder I can't keep the house clean!
Rylee made Logan play house with her, too. He is a good sport to play with his little sister! She has a pretty good imagination already and tells Logan exactly how she wants things to be. I love just listening to what they are doing!

AUGUST

Here is another of Rylee's adventures! This time she packed all of this onto her little tent, which was her car and was going on a trip to somewhere! She is in the "driver seat" and her baby is in the stroller turned backwards, which she called the car seat.
Rylee made Daddy join her on her trip! He had to be sure he fit into the car.
Don't they look like they are having a great time?
Here is Rylee with her babies in her stroller. She set the stroller all up and sat next to it and then instructed me to take her picture.
More of Rylee's antics - Here is her tea party stuff set up in my bathroom! I was getting ready and found her setting up a tea party for us. She loves to have tea parties, even in the bathroom!

In August, we had a baby shower for my sister and a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law. I still need to get pictures from my sister who took all the photos for me. My cousin was in town from California for Laura's shower and it was so fun to get the kids together for a little bit! I love when Rikki comes to visit! Tiff was able to come, too so we had all the kids together, which doesn't happen very often. Here are Griffin, Bella, Maddie and Rylee eating some yummy hot dogs and pickles at our movie themed shower. I wish I would have gotten Baby Ben and Logan in a picture so we could have had all the great-grandkids on that side in one picture!
Here is Logan at his 4 year check up! He is doing great and is one very healthy boy! The Dr recommended a flu shot and since we were doing shots anyway, suggested we also do his kindergarten shots as well. Rylee needed a flu shot and one other shot, too, so we ended up doing it all that day. While we were waiting, the little girl in front of us (about 7 or 8) was in the room screaming and throwing a HUGE fit! I was worried it might make it bad for my kids but they did great! Logan had to have 4 shots, and when they gave him the shots he teared up a little and was crying and then Darren told him it was OK and that the shots were to help him and he said "Oh yeah. These shots are good for me. They help me feel good." and he was fine! The nurses thought that was so funny! Rylee had to have 2 shots. She was a little upset after them and was crying, but as soon as they handed her a sucker, she was fine and went skipping out of the way. So funny how a sucker can make everything better for her! After their appointments, they have been playing doctor and giving each shots and taking blood pressure a lot! Logan has been telling me that if I have to have a shot at the hospital, he will hold my hand, just like Dad held his. Such a sweet boy!
We went on a fun little trip up the canyon in Salt Lake with a bunch of Darren's high school friends and their families one Friday night and had a great time! We went to the Free's cabin and had dinner and made s'mores and it was great fun to see friends we hadn't seen for a long time! I didn't get many pics because my camera battery died. Logan had a great buddy in Sam. They are only a few months apart and had a great time running around together and pretending to fish off the deck.
Rylee had lots of fun, too! She liked to run around with the boys, but she always scares me because she always seems to get hurt! She also found some baby dolls to play with (and fight over!)
Daddy and Logan making some s'mores
Me and Rylee working on some mallows for our s'mores
Logan and his buddies Andrew and Sam eating their s'mores! I'm amazed they sat down for a second! They were running all over the place and having so much fun!
My parents put in a new sport court and Logan thinks it is the coolest thing ever! Here he is ballin' it up with my brothers and dad. I love that he needed a sweatband for this! So funny! He has also found out that the sport court has a tennis net and now insists on taking his tennis or badminton racquets anytime we visit Grandma and Grandpa.
Working on his dribbling skills - He is pretty serious out there!
This is out to eat with my parents one night - Rylee and Grandpa looked pretty cute reading. They are good buddies! Logan was really into his book, too.
Here are some pictures of me and my sister just a couple days before she had her baby comparing bellies! She is 4 weeks ahead of me, but I think I have the bigger tummy! I think in this picture she is about 38 weeks and I am 34. Unfortunately for her, she had severe preeclampsia and had really swollen ankles and feet, so I guess she won that contest!
Bumping bellies! Yes....everyone tells me my belly comes out to a point and it kind of shows in this picture!
We had a really nice backyard BBQ one night and the kids were having a great time playing on their dirt mound! It was perfect weather and they were having a ball! I love the summer nights when it is so nice outside and am going to miss those now that the weather is cooling off! I thought they looked so cute sitting on their mound together watching the sun set. The kids were going on trips and then having a circus or something and Rylee kept standing up and saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls" and bossing Logan around, as usual. They were entertaining Darren and me so much I hated to make them come in!

2 comments:

Brooke :) said...

I'm so impressed with how you are getting caught up with everything - must be the 'nesting'! :) I hope everything goes well with the delivery. We can't wait to see the latest addition to the Webber household! :D

Clark Family said...

such cute pictures! i love the ones from the park! and can you share the ones of our bellies?!