Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Comic Relief

I LOVE all the funny things that my kids say, but am not always good at remembering or writing it down. This is probably partly due to the fact that they say SO many funny things it is impossible to remember them all - Here are a few of my favorites recently. For some reason they are all church related...

We were reading from our little Book of Mormon reader the other night as a family (it has pictures for the kids), and Rylee said, "Eww...that guy has BAD hair!"

After church last Sunday, Logan came home and told Darren they were going to play a game. He told Darren he was going to tell him a story and when he said certain words, Darren would have something to say to go with them, sort of like a Melodrama. I guess this is what they had done for Sharing time in Primary. He told Darren when he said the words "Laman and Lemuel", Darren should say "Murmur, Murmur, Murmur" and when he said "Nephi", Darren should say "I will go, I will do". I think there was one or two other words that he had things for, but I don't remember now. He then started to tell the story of Nephi and the Brass Plates. He had most of it down pretty well, but every once in awhile, he couldn't remember something and would improvise. It was HILARIOUS! Darren and I were both cracking up! Somehow Samuel the Lamanite and David and "Goliah" made their way into parts of the story and a few different scripture stories blended together. At least we know that he listens sometimes!

Rylee has become a bit of a challenge at church lately. She isn't really bad, she just talks constantly and usually pretty loudly. I can't get her to be quiet! (Any suggestions would be appreciated!) She also likes to point at people and say things like "What is that lady's name?" (She wants to know EVERYONE's name wherever we go lately!) or "That guy has a blue shirt" or "He has brown hair like you". So far, she hasn't said anything offensive, but since she is pointing at everyone, it isn't exactly polite, or quiet. This week when the boy passing the sacrament came to our row, Rylee pointed at him and said, "Is him Joseph Smith?" very loudly. I said No, and then she said "Is he Jesus?" I was laughing now and said no again. She sat there for a second or two and then said "Oh...Is he Heavenly Father?"

Our church is having a big Zucchini fest for our next ward activity. It sounds pretty fun - Bring your biggest zucchinis, favorite zucchini dishes and there is going to be zucchini decorating and a zucchini toss for the kids. I didn't pay too much attention to the announcements because I noticed it was the day of my C-Section. They must have really made a big deal about it in Primary to the kids because this has been all Logan can talk about every Sunday after church. He has BIG plans for it! Rylee likes to talk about it, too but she refers to it as the "Bikini Fest!" (Can you imagine??? A church bikini fest? We have some rather old people in our ward...) He had it all planned out - He would say, "Me and Rylee are going to do zucchini decorating and Dad you are going to do the toss." I finally decided we should probably tell Logan that he might not be able to go since he was going on and on about, so I was explaining that we might not make it there because that was the day I would have the baby (this was before I knew he wouldn't be able to come to the hospital). He had a very quick response - "Mom, its OK. Your Dr will be at the hospital and take good care of you." (He even used my Dr's name which I thought was funny because I had no idea that he knew it.) I told him that I knew they would take good care of me, but I might be lonely and wanted him to come and visit and he said "Don't worry. I'll come see you Mom. AFTER the Zucchini fest!" What do you say to that? Good to know he has his priorities! Now that we know they won't be able to visit the hospital, Grandma will be taking him to the Zucchini fest and he even has a HUGE Zucchini from Grandma Boman's garden to take for the contest, so he is pretty excited! What a funny kid!

1 comment:

Clark Family said...

wow!!! you have posted a ton lately! good work!