Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vacation Day 5: The Beach!

Oops.. I missed a couple days on my "post every day this month so I can catch up goal!" Maybe I will sneak in a couple other posts over the next few days. Here is another lengthy vacation post with TONS of pictures! I have a couple more recent posts started, but they are taking me awhile, so here is one that is faster since I have all the pictures uploaded...

On Monday, July 19th, we headed to the beach with the whole fam! Darren's family is a little funny in that they pretty much do all the same things on the vacation every time we go. Same beach, same place on the beach, same places to eat....Not that I'm complaining because we happen to like those places, its just a little funny, especially since my family always did very different things on vacation. So, we were off to the family spot on Newport Beach! We love it there! It was also just about the only day that we all were together, so it was fun for the kids to hang out with cousins. The funny thing is, there aren't many cousin pictures. Not sure how that happened, but everyone was there.
Rylee and Avery (under her LARGE hat) in their cute swim cover ups and ready for the beach. I saw these and had to have them for our beach trip, even though the sizes were a little big! Oh well... They might fit this next summer, too!

After finding a place to park, we finally managed to get to the beach! I have a love/hate relationship with the beach! It takes SO long to get ready and haul all of our crap and so much stuff to take for one afternoon on the beach! And then you have to park so far away and walk forever! Once I am there, I love it! Minus the sand getting into everything.... Then, going home is such a pain too and cleaning up all the sand. The kids love it so much though it is totally worth it!
My cute girls discovering the sand! Avery was in heaven!
Beach babes!

Rylee trying to pose with Avery.... This usually ends in disaster!
Kisses...
Gotta love the HUGE hat covering Avery!


Oh...this beach baby is so dang cute! I love those sandy little toes!
Ry ran out into the water once. And that was it! She did NOT like it! She LOVES the pool, but she was not a fan of the ocean at all. She spent her entire day digging in the sand. Logan was completely different. He ran into the ocean, and we didn't really hear from him for the rest of the day! He was in LOVE! He ran in and out of the waves over and over again and laughed and smiled all day!
I love this beach boy! He had so much fun! Darren made fun of me for being the only parent to make their kid wear a life jacket on the beach, but Logan just kept running out farther and farther and the beach makes me nervous anyway, so I felt better having him in it. That is another reason I struggle with the beach sometimes is that it stresses me out with the kids, so the life jacket eased some of my anxiety, even if it wasn't really all that necessary.

Avery relaxing in her beach chair.

This was Avery's first real trip to the beach. It was so fun to watch her discover the sand and everything. She really liked it!
I love her sandy little face in this picture. She liked the sand so much, she ate it... a lot of it!
Then we tried the water! She like that, too.... she just didn't like too much of it. I love those cute chunky thighs. I miss them! She is such a skinny toddler now...

How sweet is that! You have to love the ruffle on the bum swimsuit! If I had a cute little bum, I would have ruffles on my swim bottom too!
Eating some more sand and chilling with daddy

Daddy and his girls

Our little sand baby! Ry dug and filled up buckets with sand and built castles all day long.
Avery discovered this boogie board on the beach and was so funny with it!
I love this picture!
Close-up of the sandy face!
Look at that concentration
I'm so mad about this picture! It was my favorite from that day and maybe from the whole trip but the wind blew my camera strap right in front of the lens! Dangit!
I tried again, but it just wasn't the same.... Still cute though!

Logan still playing in the waves....

I loved watching him wait for the next wave and how excited he would get!

Lunch break! That is a serious "sand"wich!
CHEESE for the camera... and for lunch!
Avery had a little beach lunch too.
SUPER baby! She thought this game was fun! We should have turned her bib around so she had a cape.
Rylee decided her Lunchables box made a good sand scooping tool. I wish she would have finished her lunch first, though.
We went and got snow cones for a special treat a little later in the afternoon.
Avery and Grandma
Ry and her snow cone
Logan had a BLUE snowcone. Can you tell???
After our snow cone, we took a walk on the pier. The kids thought it was neat to see all the people fishing. It was also a good photo opp! Daddy and the kids...I just love Ry's pose in this one.
It took 2 shots to get everyone looking...
Mommy and the kids
I always love watching them together. It never gets old.
Some of the cousins found sand crabs. Rylee was so interested and couldn't wait to hold them! That is so my Rylee!
Rylee showing me her sand crab Back to digging
Dang it! I thought it was so cute of Ry and her cute cousin Taylor. He was so sweet to help her with the sand crabs and I think he is always so sweet with the younger kids, even though he should be too old and cool to hang out with them. I love that about him!
Rylee blowing bubbles
I love this! Darren and Logan are playing soccer with some of my nephews and Ry is just sitting in the middle of it all, blowing her bubbles....
Our fam at the beach at the end of the day. We probably should do this before we start playing in the sand and stuff so we don't look like this.... I think we did better on our next beach day.
What better way to get all the sand off after a day at the beach than to jump in the pool? I'm sure the hotel LOVES that we do that! You should see the sand at the bottom of the hot tub when we are done.... Oh well! Here is Ry and cousin Madi.
Avery chilling in her float!
Log Bog relaxing in the hot tub
What a fun day! I wish I could remember more but that is what happens when you wait SIX months to blog about things! The beach always makes for tired kids, so we did get a good rest and were ready for DISNEYLAND!!!

No comments: