Monday, August 15, 2011

Beach Geezers...I Mean Boys!

June 30 - Every summer, there is a car show near our home and as part of it, they do a concert. It is always an oldies band. The first year we moved here, it was 3 Dog Night and last year it was America. This year, it was the BEACH BOYS! I was so excited! However, as it got closer, it looked like we probably wouldn't be able to go. Logan had tball and we had some other things going on. We bought my dad some tickets for his birthday because he is one of the biggest Beach Boy fans of all time, and Darren's parents bought tickets, too. They ended up with an extra pair, so at the last minute, we went to the concert and it was SO GREAT! We had to go a little late and I was so bummed when we were trying to get in that they were singing "Surfing Safari" and we missed it! The Beach Boys have SO many good songs and I have so many good memories of the Beach Boys growing up. The only thing I really remember listening to when I was little is the Beach Boys and Elvis! And...for being so OLD (the 2 original Beach Boy members that still tour are 69 and 70 years old!!!) they were great! We had so much fun!!!
Darren and IThe parents - We all went together and had lots of fun! There was some Beach Boys mega fan that was sitting close to us. She was about 18 and dancing the entire time and SO excited about the show. Darren's dad went down and danced with her and I think it freaked her out! After the concert, she asked for a picture with him and the people in front of us were asking each other who he was because I think they thought he must be famous. It was pretty funny!
The Beach Boys
My favorite part of the whole concert was watching my dad! He was SO happy and having so much fun. I tried to get a good picture of him, but this was the best I did. I loved seeing him so excited about something! It was a great night!!!

1 comment:

Ginny Wright said...

I am sure they had lots of ambulance crews there for all those old people dancing. I would pay BIG BIG money if YOUR Dad would have gone up and danced and I had been there to witness it. That would have made it an Epic Day (or a sure sign of the last days).