Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Think I've Recovered....

For those of you who do not know, we spent a week in Florida with my whole family (13 of us!) about a week ago! We had the best time, but came home COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED!!! I think it took us the last week to fully recover. We seriously saw about as much as you could possible cram into a 7 day vacation and had a great time! We visited 4 Disney Theme parks(some more than once), and some of the fam also went to both Universal parks. For a Disney fan like myself, this is my idea of fun, but it isn't so appealing to everyone! We were up early and at the parks all day and home late pretty much every day. There were a lot of us, so it took a lot to get everyone everywhere we were going. We managed to get through the trip without any major fights or disasters and I think we are all still on speaking terms...at least after a week break! It rained on us almost every day, so we learned a lot of tricks of seeing a theme park in the rain, but the rain probably helped with the Florida heat and the crowds. A couple of days, it rained so hard, it flooded all the sidewalks at the parks and completely drenched us, but we still had a great time!
My kids were so amazing and did so well! With relatively little sleep at night and only a rare nap here and there, they were still pretty pleasant and did great! I was so proud of what good travelers they were! Logan had the time of his life and tells anyone who will listen about Disneyworld and wants to play "Disneyworld" with his toys all the time. He will also take the cushions off the couch and tell me he is on "Ex-ca-dition Everest" or at the park he told me the slides were Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. Lately when he plays with cars, he will say "Stay inside the ride and no flash photography. Thank you!" and he keeps saying things about keeping your hands inside the vehicle at all times - I don't think he ever said vehicle before the trip but now he says it all the time! HILARIOUS!!! He even woke up one day saying "where is Chip?" as in Chip and Dale. Another day he was napping and in his sleep said, "Its only Mickey Magic" which is what we told him whenever he got scared on a ride. We have probably caused some serious damage dragging him on all these rides! He got to ride a few of the bigger rides this time. It helped to have his uncles to give him some extra courage! Rylee really warmed up to the family during the vacation and can even say Brad and Kyle's names. She loved everything and just did whatever without much complaint! She really liked all the rides, but wasn't too much of a fan of the characters. She liked them from far away, but up close she freaked out! She preferred to blow them kisses and hoped that if she did that, she would be safe from them getting any closer!
Darren was also great to put up with my Disney madness without too much complaining. I would also like to congratulate my brother-in-law, Jay, for surviving his first official Boman Family Vacation! The 1st time Darren went on one of these, he about went into shock!
Between me, my brother, sisters and Mom, we took over 2,000 pictures on our vacation, so I am still working on organizing them all so I can post them on here with some more details... I know it will be more than most people want to see, but since this is my family journal/scrapbook, I will be posting lots...hopefully soon!
Thank you so much Mom and Dad for giving us such a great opportunity to have fun and spend time together! We had a blast! We love you!

3 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am so glad for you. I know it has been something you wanted to do for a long time.

Clark Family said...

I still need to get all the pictures from everyone, and I can't wait for you day by day of the trip!

Anonymous said...

Did your mother push anyone down and cause them to break their leg like she did to that pretty lady in Hawaii when your whole family went their on vacation??????????????