Sunday, July 6, 2008

Buzz Birthday Bash!!!

Last Saturday, we had a Buzz Birthday party for Logan. He has been SO excited about this for quite awhile. The past few months, we have switched back and forth between a Buzz and Lightning McQueen birthday party, but he finally settled on Buzz and once it got closer, we just stuck with it. He did keep mentioning that he wanted a Zurg birthday, but how do you do that? I finally convinced him that just Buzz would be great!
For the party, I have to brag a little and say that I made a pretty awesome cake! It wasn't professional but I thought it turned out pretty well for having never taken a cake decorating class or anything. I found the idea online - I used a Superhero cake pan and then decorated it like Buzz and used the picture I found online as a pattern. I was pretty happy with how it turned out but it took MUCH longer than I expected! I was hoping to get it frosted Friday night as soon as Logan went to bed, but with all the birthday fun, I didn't get started on baking the cake until then. It came out of the pan in several pieces so by the time I got it all put together and ready to frost, it was almost midnight! I was planning on about an hour or two to frost, but Darren and I were up until 3:30 am!!! It was a little crazy, but I think it was worth it to see the look on Logan's face when he saw the Buzz cake the next morning! Darren was such a good sport to stay up with me and even gave me some help! (Thanks Sweetie - I could have NEVER made it without you!) I also made some "Rocket Cupcakes". (You have to use your imagination on these a little, but I ran out of energy and time to make the alien cupcakes that I planned on.)


The party was a lot of fun! I made some fun invitations online with a picture of Logan in his Buzz costume and wrote the whole thing with lots of "Buzz Lightyear Lingo", like the location was "Sector 4 of the Gamma Quadrant" and that "Blastoff" was at 11:30 and some fun things like that. Logan wore his Buzz Lightyear costume to the party even though it was 100 degrees outside and he must have been melting in it! He looked very cute though. I decorated in green, silver and purple and put lots of pictures of Logan with Buzz or dressed as Buzz up around the house as decorations. We have a lot of pictures of him as Buzz from Halloween or just playing dress-up and some from seeing Buzz at Disneyland. Logan was VERY excited for everyone to get here and couldn't wait for the pary to start! We started with "Pizza Planet" lunch and then we put Logan's Buzz Bubble Blower out for the kids. When the kids got bored, we did a "Rocket Launch" where we blasted off old film canisters with Alkaseltzer tablets. We had a lot of kids of different ages, but they all seemed to like these! Then we opened presents - Logan got spoiled and got so many fun things including a BIG new Buzz toy and a soccer goal! He has had so much fun this last week playing with all his new stuff! Then we had cake and ice cream. Logan loved blowing out his candles. I did ALMOST cry when they cut up the cake after all the work I did on it. It was pretty yummy though! Then the kids played with squirt guns, which they loved! Rylee even got into it and was holding her gun making shooting noises on the porch. She is so funny! A few people stuck around so we went to the Willow Park Zoo for one last "mission". The kids love going there, no matter how much we visit and especially liked being there with family and feeding the ducks and fish! All in all, I think Logan had a great Buzz Birthday and was so happy about everything. He is still telling everybody about it!


This is Logan and his cute little "girlfriend" Olivia Lifferth. I thought this picture turned out SO cute! They play really great together most of the time and he gets really excited every time we see her. The other day, we were going over to their house and I said something about seeing Livi, and he said, "Her name is not Livi! It is Olivia, and she is my GIRLFRIEND!" So funny! We are actually working on a plot to get them married and so far it seems to be going well....

Thank you for all our friends and family who celebrated with us! We know it can be a busy day and some of you made a pretty long trip. It helped make Logan's day so fun! He is so lucky to have so many people who love him and support him in all his big events! Here are some more pictures from our fun party!







Launching the homemade rockets - Alkaseltzer tablets in film canisters.  It was a hit!  

Logan with Summer and Sky Olson
Logan and cousin Rae
Logan with the Lifferth's
Logan and Grandma Pat and Grandpa Bill

Logan with Uncle Cory
Logan with Grandma and Grandpa Boman
Logan and the Uncles
Logan and Aunt V
Logan with Kevin, April and Haley at the zoo
Logan with Jay and Heather at the zoo






5 comments:

Clark Family said...

Logan's Buzz party was a blast! And the cake was REALLY cool, good work!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Logan!! That cake is amazing nice work, looked like a fun party sorry we couldn't be there.
Have fun in Disneyworld

Doug and Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Logan. Brooke you did so good on his cake. I bet your hand was a little sore after that. :)

Karmann said...

Another sucessfull party it looks like! You do such an awesome job on the cakes you do! I am so jealous! I wish we could have been there! Miss you tons!

The Packers said...

wow! looks like you had a great party! that cake-holy cow, you did a great job. it sure does look like a lot of work-what we don't do for our kids. looks like logan had a blast!