Sunday, October 25, 2009

Boo at the Zoo

A couple weeks ago, I took Logan and Rylee to a little Boo at the Zoo activity at our local zoo - It is NOT the Hogle Zoo by any means, and to be honest, I don't know that the "Zoo" title actually applies - More of a park with a few animals. But the kids love to visit there and I was feeling guilty that they hadn't been out much since the baby was born, so we decided to go. Darren stayed home with Avery since it was pretty cold. It wasn't quite what I expected...a little ghetto, especially for the $6 per kid we paid to get in. There were only a few little booths and I thought for some reason there would be trick or treating and candy, but they only got a few pieces, so they were a little disappointed, but it was a good outing that they (and I) really needed!
It was pretty early in October, so I still didn't have their Halloween costumes, so we improvised! Rylee wore her Nemo costume from last year and Logan wore his Troy Bolton costume my sister gave him for his birthday. He was very bugged if people didn't know who he was!
Me and the kiddies! We met my friend Summer and her family there. They were on their way out, but I had her take a picture of all of us.
Ry posing in this Horton the Elephant cutout. Logan refused to do this but Rylee loved it!
Rylee with Curious George. She couldn't quite reach...
Logan and Rylee after digging through the big leaf pile for treasure. Logan came away with a Frisbee and Rylee got a bucket of sidewalk chalk.
Fishing for prizes! They also saw a fortune teller, which made them pretty nervous, but I was surprised that they actually went into the tent and did it.
In this game, they were supposed to throw the hoop over the pumpkin. Logan got quite into it. Their very favorite activity was just after this. There was a local gymnastics place that had a booth where they could jump from some mats onto a tramp onto some more mats. They LOVED that!
The classic bean bag toss! We also made a few little crafts, but the kids weren't really into it. They preferred to just run around! They had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Karmann said...

Looks like a good time at the zoo! Love all the fall stuff to do! I love things like that!

Love little Avery!!! She looks just like the other two! Definitly a Webber! I love how you got her smiling pictures! I remember doing that with Rylee!!! How I miss you!!! Glad you are up and doing well!!!

Clark Family said...

CUTE!!