Sunday, April 20, 2008

So Thoughtful!

I celebrated my birthday about 2 weeks ago, and I just had to give a shout-out to my husband for making it such a special day for me! He put so much effort into his plans and I loved every minute of it! He did such cute things for me all day. He stayed long at school the day before so that he could take that day off and just hang out with me and the kids. In the morning, he and Logan went to the grocery store and Logan came home with these gorgeous orange roses and gave them to me and said Happy Birthday Mommy and then puckered up his lips for a big kiss! It was so precious! He was so proud of the flowers he picked out, with daddy’s help of course. He LOVED that it was my birthday and was SO excited about it and told me Happy Birthday over and over and over again! It was very cute! He gave me lots of birthday kisses too! He is such a sweet little boy! We had planned to go out to Red Rock or Lake Las Vegas but I really wanted to get Rylee’s birthday pictures done and they ended up taking longer than we thought. Anyway – Darren didn’t want to go do anything because he was in a hurry to get home and make dinner for me. He had a lot planned – He did everything all on his own and wouldn’t even let me in the kitchen. (I hate to cook, so this was a great present!) It was so yummy – He made my favorite salad. It is from this restaurant that we love called the Claimjumper and it has Asian Pears, Raspberries, Blue Cheese, Candied Walnuts (he candied them himself!) and Craisins. It was SO yummy! Then he served steak with mushrooms and asparagus that was also really good. Then we had the birthday cake – He made it himself – It was a double layer chocolate cake and he put peanut butter between the layers and then he also frosted it himself. He mixed 2 colors of frosting – dark and light purple – and heated them up and drizzled them over the cake and made designs and he even busted out my cake decorating tips and did stars around the bottom of the cake! Pretty impressive! (He will probably kill me for posting all of this!) Then he made these yummy ice cream cups – He used these little dishes that looked like very small pie tins and put some shell stuff in them that was peanut butter and chocolate and then ice cream with some peanut butter and chocolate in the middle and then froze it, so it looked kind of like a Reese’s with ice cream in the inside. He just came up with it on his own and did it all. It was so nice of him! I LOVED it! It was such a great birthday! We also watched American Idol that night, which was great as always! This was one of my favorite birthdays because he worked so hard and put so much thought into everything. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and kids! I am a little worried that I will have to live up to these expectations for his birthday in August! Thanks for everything D!

No comments: