Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Wearing 'o The Green

March 17 - Last year, we spent St. Patrick's Day morning at the Dr office having our very first ultrasound with Avery. It is hard to think that has only been a year ago, and also hard to think that last year, we had just found out we would have her. I remember seeing so many cute things that people had done for St Patrick's Day on their blogs and Facebook and having that "Mom guilt" that we hadn't done anything fun, so I promised to do better this year. I was hoping for a Leprechaun to hide a bunch of chocolate gold coins around the house for the kids to look for, but the Leprechauns visited 4 different stores, and there were no gold coins to be found, so he settled for green Peeps instead!
Here is Logan with his green treat. My kids look forward to any holiday and any kind of celebration and were so happy with their treats!
Ry liked her green Peeps, too. I think she finished the whole box before breakfast!
We had a special breakfast - Green eggs and ham and green waffles and green milk! Doesn't look too appetizing, but it was fun!
Logan gives our green breakfast a BIG thumbs up! He was pretty anxious to get upstairs and get changed into something green! He was worried about it all morning.
Ry didn't eat much breakfast....She just wanted her Peeps!
In the afternoon, we had a couple friends over to make some Green St. Patty's Day cookies. The kids always love frosting cookies. After watching them lick their fingers and knifes and the bowl and the cookies and everything else, I decided I didn't need to eat any of them...
Ry loves cookies!
Sky and Tanner working on their cookies.

Rylee was pretty serious about her frosting! She is so funny when it comes to stuff like that.
Sky adding some sprinkles
Logan showing off his finished cookies. They ALMOST look good enough to eat.
Cute Rylee and her cookies.
Sweet Avery was there, too. She was so good! I wrapped her down and laid her down on the couch so I could help the kids with their cookies and she just slept through it all. I love that baby!!!
Rylee and her frosting face!
The kids all got some new screamin' green shirts! Avery's was a little big, so she wore something else.
I love these silly kids!
What a handsome boy!
Rylee was SO funny about the whole pinching thing. She kept telling everyone "don't go outside or you will get poked!" It made me laugh all day long!
My sweet little Avery looking cute in her green!

It wasn't much of a celebration, but it was better than last year. I would love to find a few more fun traditions to add if anyone has some great ideas. We love holidays at our house and it is so fun to have traditions for each one. The kids really look forward to those things!

No comments: