Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Registration.... Check!

Mar 24 - We have been waiting...and somewhat dreading....this day for a LONG time! Logan got all registered for Kindergarten!!! He was so excited to go and visit the school. I, on the other hand, had to fight back tears! Is my baby really going to be going to that BIG school in just a few months??? It is so hard to believe!!!

Here he is, all ready to go in! They took him in for his assessment, and told me he did great, except that he should probably practice with scissors. I just laughed at that since I NEVER let my kids use scissors! Here I am, worrying about his math and reading skills and they are more concerned with how well he uses scissors.... Why would you give your kids scissors??? That is just asking for disaster! The last time I caught Rylee with scissors she just finished cutting 3 big holes in my favorite shirt of hers! The scissors in our house disappeared for awhile after that. I guess we will be getting them out this summer for a little practice before school starts!
Logan loves learning and I know he will LOVE school! He is doing great with reading and he loves friends and is quite the social organizer these days, and even though he will be young for his class, I think he will do great. I spent a little time visiting with the Principal and was really impressed with him, only to find out he is transferring schools - Bummer! Logan just wanted to know how come he didn't get to play with clay and blocks and meet his teacher like in the Bearenstein Bear book. I think he was a little disappointed with the whole registration! It wasn't real exciting. He is so excited for Kindergarten!!!

No comments: