Monday, May 24, 2010

Eating the Good Stuff

Mar 21 - I was a bit of a slacker mom and took awhile to get Avery started on her cereal. I think I was so excited to get to every milestone with Logan and kind of rushed everything along. But then I realized how quickly they grow up and so I have tried to slow down with my girls, maybe a little too much sometimes. I also knew once I started cereal it would be one more thing to add to the nightly routine, and sometimes it just seemed easier to wait a little longer. My Dr also told me that if I had a happy baby, I should wait a little longer to start solids, and since Avery is just about the happiest baby ever, I didn't see the need. He did say to be sure and start her before 6 months, so I realized that was only and few days away and we finally got around to starting it. This girl was LOVING her first taste of rice cereal!
This is not a great picture, but it is her very first bite, so it has to be documented. Avery kept trying to grab the spoon and shovel it in faster! She couldn't get enough!!! She would also suck all the excess off her thumb and hands in between bites. I think it is safe to say that she likes food!
It did take her awhile to get going. She had a bit of a funny face after her first bite. She pushed more out with her tongue than she really took in, but that is all part of the process!
Faster Mom!!!

She is finally starting to get the hang of it now...

Rylee and Logan couldn't wait to give Avery a bite. Avery looks a little nervous, but they were pretty good with her. I think one bite was enough from Rylee though.
Logan's turn. Isn't her the sweetest brother???

Cute cereal girl covered in her yummy rice cereal! Some really did get in there...

So happy to have some REAL food!

Mommy and Avery
Daddy and Avery
She grabbed the spoon and shoved it down so far she gagged herself....
She loves chewing on the spoon. I think it is her favorite part and she always wants to grab it away from me!

I think I overfed her on Day 2. Since she did so well the first time, I made quite a bit more and a little bit thicker. She just kept eating and eating, but then she ended up throwing it all up. Since then, she has been doing great and has loved everything she has tried!

No comments: