Monday, April 12, 2010

January

January was kind of a boring month at our house. January is probably my least favorite month. It always seems like a big let down after all the fun of Christmas and all the cold weather makes things a little gloomy. We did have a lot of fun playing with our new toys, and although we didn't get out to do much, I still managed to take lots of photos as always. This probably isn't very interesting for anyone to read, but someday I will want to look back and remember when we hung out and played in the toy room and all the things we did together before we got busy with school and sports and all that is to come.
This is our first family photo of the New Year, at New Year's Day at my Uncle's house. Here is to a great 2010!
Look at that sweet girl look up at her daddy! I love this picture! (Jan 2)
Cute little Avery all dressed up for church (Jan 3)
Thank goodness for lots of new toys to try out! It kept us sane for our long and boring month. Here is the tower that Logan and Rylee built with Rylee's new PINK blocks. Rylee was SO proud of her tower and that it was taller than her. (Jan 4)
My cute little Avery has discovered her thumb! (Jan 4)
We had a fun little movie night and tried a fondue recipe in the crockpot. I thought the kids would think it was so fun, but they were not nearly as into it as I thought they would be. Rylee was worried about anything being HOT and Logan ate a couple of things and then lost interest. Darren and I thought it was delicious though. We watched Pete's Dragon and the kids LOVED it! They were singing the songs forever after that, My favorite was when Rylee would sing "We got a bill of sale right here that says he belongs to us" with her funny voice in a growl and with a mean face just like the mean lady in the movie. It makes me and Darren laugh every time! (Jan 8)
Logan's favorite thing to dip was marshmallows
Rylee liked hers "just plain" or "pregular" (regular!) I love this funny girl!
Chocolate face!One of our few fun outings in January was to celebrate Grandma Pat's 60th birthday. (Jan 9) We all went to dinner at a pizza buffet near their house. Afterward, about half the family ended up VERY sick! I was lucky to escape, but both Darren and Logan and lots of aunts, uncles and cousins and even Grandma caught a nasty bug! Here is Rylee showing off a little trick with her cucumbers. The kids love any gathering that includes their cousins. Logan and his cousin Mason are now the very best of friends and I never even see him when we have family things because he just takes off with Mase and they have SO much fun together. He always says that he loves "being silly with Mase." He sat by Mason at dinner and we didn't hardly see him at all. It is funny because they are a year apart, but they are just now starting to play together. I don't know why it took them so long to discover playing together but I think it is so cute for him to have a buddy. This is Logan showing off the bouncy ball that Grandma got for all the kids out of the little machine. It was quite crazy with all those bouncy balls all over the place, bu the kids loved it.
Avery hung out with Aunt Mandy and fell to sleep all bundled up. So sweet!
Here is Rylee playing with her little store in the apron and hat from Grandma and Grandpa Webber. The kids love this store! They like to shop and have me tell them how much everything is going to cost, and then I shop and they tell me. We all have fun playing! (Jan 12)

I think that the cash register is her favorite part. She really likes using the credit card and sliding it.... Dangerous!
Just Avery sucking her thumb some more. I don't know why, but I just think it is so darn cute! (Jan 14)
Some more playing with new toys....Boxing! It is a favorite at our house. My kids are always taking off their shirts so they can box each other - I don't know where that comes from. This face of Rylee's cracks me up! She is a girl of MANY expressions! (Jan 12)
Logan lands a BIG punch! Thanks to his uncles and Grandpa Boman for introducing boxing to us... Buying these gloves was much cheaper than buying a wii and just as much fun at our house.
Rylee isn't afraid to box Logan even though she is a little thing. I thought this would end in tears for sure, but they are both tough when it comes to boxing!
The one good thing about January is it is Aggie season!!! We love going to the games. We didn't have season tickets this year, but we made it to several games. This was the game against Boise State. We won by A LOT! It was a really fun game. Avery did much better than the first time and was really happy the whole time. I think she is another little Aggie fan in the making! (Jan 16)
Ry is our cute cheerleader! She loves watching Big Blue and the cheerleaders and dance team and I think she realizes there is a basketball game every once in awhile. She also loves treats at the game. Logan ready to do "SWISH"! He knows all the cheers and chants and loves all of it. The student section can be pretty crazy but we love it!
Our 3 little Aggies!My new toy from Christmas was an under the counter CD player. I love it and turn up the tunes and jam while I am cooking and cleaning. My kids love it, too. My new CD for Christmas was Carrie Underwood and Rylee LOVES to dance to Cowboy Cassanova. Whenever I turn it on, she comes running and dances for me. I love it! Logan can also sing all the words, which is pretty hilarious! (Jan 20)Rylee reading - She LOVES books! (Jan 20)
The cutest thing ever! I love when they actually play nice together. I should hang this photo somewhere so I can be reminded that they do love each other!!! (Jan 20)
I think this is Rylee being nice to Avery, but as you can see, Avery is a little nervous. Rylee loves to be the little mommy, but poor Avery gets a little roughed up sometimes. She even starts crying when Rylee heads towards her. I think they are both working through it. Rylee is really good at getting Avery to laugh, too.
Logan reading - I love that I have such bookworms! He is reading SO good and I am so proud of him and how much he loves it. Whenever I don't know where he is, I will usually find him in some corner reading.
Cute little girls!
Avery at 4 months old! (Jan 25) I can't believe how fast time has gone. I think she is laughing at Logan or Rylee in this photo. She loves her brother and sister.
Just to illustrate the relationship Avery and Rylee have.... She makes her laugh and she makes her cry all the time! (Jan 26)
Rylee is SO into dressups right now and I love it and the funny combinations that she comes up with. She seriously wakes up and goes straight to the dressups before she even comes down for breakfast. It makes me laugh every time! This is a great outfit - Her Princess hat, Lilo dress, one Cinderella glove, high heels and pompoms all over her PJs first thing in the morning. Oh this girl!!! She keeps us laughing! (Jan 27)

Here is another combination a little bit later - Her Ariel dress and shoes and her Princess crown and still a pompom. I love it!
Logan shooting hoops in the toy room. He is always playing some sort of sport and loves wearing jerseys and being on some kind of team. (Jan 27)
The kids think it is fun to play Peter Pan and "fly" on my feet. Silly, I know, but it is just fun!
Logan taking a turn. What a cute Peter Pan!
Avery at 18 weeks! What a sweet baby!!! This big smile keeps me going! (Jan 29)
Logan is just about the sweetest big brother any girl could ask for. He is so good with both Avery and Rylee and it makes me so happy to watch them together.
One other outing in January was for Grandpa Bill's birthday party. After everyone had some cake, Rylee decided to just dig right in and was quite a mess. (Jan 30)
I laid Avery down for a minute, and soon her cousins Parker and Haley were playing with her and talking to her. So sweet!
If you know Logan, you know he has a thing for fingers. He is always grabbing people's fingers and rubbing their fingernails while he sucks their thumb. It was really cute when he was little, and sometimes, I really don't mind because it is just about the only thing he does that reminds me he is still little. However, it can get annoying and we don't let him do it very often. But Avery seems to be a perfect target! I thought this was hilarious! (Jan 31)

Does it get any cuter than this???

Logan just playing in his own world. This is a combination he put together - His favorite things to wear are warmup pants and jerseys.
What a cute kid!
Rylee doing some more dressing up - This time as Sleeping Beauty. Gotta love all the poses this girl has!

Our little Sleeping Beauty reading a book, or at least pretending to read a book

1 comment:

Clark Family said...

I LOVE miss Ry's apron! So cute. FUN PICTURES!!