Friday, April 23, 2010

5 months

Since Avery is close to 7 months, I figured it is time to post her 5 month update. I am so slow at blogging lately. I don't know if I will ever adjust to 3 kids, and now we have 4 soccer games a week, so I don't know if it will improve soon! These are pictures of Avery from Jan 25 - Feb 25.
Avery loves her little toy gym and staring up at the toys. I love how intense she gets on them and how excited. She does this funny, excited breathing when she is happy and her little legs and arms really get going. (Jan 27)
I love those big eyes!
Avery at 18 weeks. I think that is about the last time I got to let her wear my favorite little boots. Sad! (Jan 29)
This big smile is for Logan. Avery loves her brother and sister! They make her so happy and can get her laughing by doing nothing more than they usually do. Darren and I have to really work for a laugh, but Logan and Rylee just walk into the room and Avery is entertained and giggling. It is so cute!
This melts my heart!
She is growing way too fast!
This is at Grandpa Bill's birthday party. I thought it was so cute of her cousins to play with her like this. Parker and Haley are so sweet with her. (Jan 30)
Another picture at Grandpa Bill's party
I LOVE this photo, too. Logan and his finger rubbing.... No one else would let him have their hand, so he picked on sleeping Avery. (Jan 31)
Avery in another cute outfit for church. Dressing up baby girls is just too much fun! (Jan 31)
Avery is such a happy baby!

Isn't this the sweetest baby face???
This is Avery after going to her 4 month Dr appointment (Feb 1). She is such a good baby and didn't even get too upset with her shots. Darren came along and was nice enough to do the shot part for me this time, but he said it was so sad! . She was just looking at him and talking and then so sad! I hate that part! She calmed down pretty quick though and wasn't too bad afterwards She is growing great and the Dr said she looked perfect. Her stats are: ?????

Avery LOVES her tongue! It is her newest discovery and is out in SO many pictures.
Avery hanging out with Daddy (Feb 1) - She loves the late night hours with Mom and Dad! It must be fun for her to be the center of attention. I should get better about her bedtime, but it is so fun to play with her at night without the other kids and really enjoy our baby that we have a hard time! It is one of the only times I can hold her as much as I want.
Avery looking at her daddy.
Another of Avery's favorite toys is this mirror. She is discovering that there is a baby in there and really likes it! (Feb 2)
Avery being mauled by Avery - Not a great picture, but this is the story of Avery's life!
She is getting stronger and stronger! She still hates being on her tummy though.

She loves chewing on her hands
More in the toy gym.
Avery sporting her very first ponytail. I am NOT good with hair, but she has so much, I had to experiment. Darren thought she looked Chinese. (Feb 2)
Avery and Rylee - Rylee might be a little scary at times with A, but she does really love her baby sister! She has good intentions. (Feb 4)
I love Avery's face here.... My 2 cute Princesses!!!
Avery and her tongue!


She also loves her hands and is always watching them and trying to figure them out. It is so funny! She doesn't even need toys because her hands really keep her entertained.
Avery - 19 weeks. I have some pictures of Rylee about this age in the same outfit. I need to find them so I can compare. I love this happy baby! (Feb 5)



We took a trip to Hardware Ranch with some of our family. Avery seemed to really enjoy all the wildlife and her uncles. (Feb 6)
Uncle Jeff is so funny with Avery. He calls her "squints" and always wants to hold her. He might act tough, but I think he is a softie.

I was worried about how cold it might be for Avery, but luckily, it was a pretty nice day and Avery was so great. Whenever we go places with lots of people to watch and stuff going on, Avery is just happy the whole time. I will look at the clock and realize it is way past time for her to have a nap or be fed, but she doesn't seem to notice. She is so happy to be out and about and loves watching people and being outside.
I love this sweet face!
Avery on the bus ride to another Aggie game (Feb 6). Despite the crazy amount of noise, she does awesome! This was a late night ESPN game and it got SO loud and she still fell right to sleep sucking her fingers. The lady we sat by was so impressed that she could fall asleep like that!
Avery has switched from being a thumb sucker, to being a 2 finger sucker. I don't know that her Dad is too happy about this, but she is one happy baby, so I don't mind. I think it is kind of cute. (Feb 11)
Two cute Valentine's! You can't tell, but they have matching "Valentine Princess" shirts
Avery at 20 weeks on her first Valentine's - Actually this was Feb 13. We went to Layton to meet some friends to go out for Valentine's, so the kids stayed at Grandma's and brave Aunt Heather took all 4 grandkids for some pictures. I don't have them digitally to post, but they turned out pretty cute.

Avery chilling in her bumbo on Valentine's morning while I made pancakes. She loves sitting there and talking to me while I cook.
What a happy baby! I love my Valentine baby girl!

So serious!

Avery with her Valentine basket. She really likes her little piggy!
Avery has recently discovered her toes and they are her new favorite toy! She is always grabbing them and talking to them. (Feb 16) She can pull her legs both out to the side almost in the splits. Try it....it is pretty hard! haha!

Avery at 21 weeks (Feb 19)
She loves to chew on her dresses or anything else she can get into her mouth!


This was supposed to be Avery's last night in her cradle, but it didn't really happen. (Feb 21)You can tell that she is way too big for her cradle now. She likes to cuddle up against the side, and then it tips the whole thing. She had a really bad cough, so when I slept her in her crib, she just kept waking up because she would cough so hard. She ended up sleeping in her bouncer for quite awhile because when she was propped up, she wouldn't cough as much. We haven't started the greatest sleep habits for her, but it is so hard at night when I am tired!

This is Avery's funny bald spot. People always comment on it and someone asked me the other day if I had taken a picture of it. Shocker - I hadn't! I usually try to work the comb over so she looks a little like an old man! (Feb 22)

Avery loves hanging out in her Bumbo!
Another ponytail attempt, this time with bangs. I think she looks a little too grown up with the fountain on top of her head! (Feb 22)

Here is Avery on her 5 month birthday (also 21 weeks). These are some of my favorite pictures of her yet! She is just growing up too much!!!





Here are some other highlights of Avery at 5 months:

Avery rolled over for the first time on February 8. She rolled from her belly to her back and did it several times that day. She hates being on her tummy! She still hasn't made it onto her belly from her back. She has tried a couple of times, but she can't quite make it over her arm. I also think she has a bit of a heavy head to make it over. It takes a lot of work to hold it up! She is really close to rolling the other way though and rolls from side to side all the time. She just hasn't made it all the way over yet.
Avery is starting to sit up alone. She has really great balance. I don't think my other kids were sitting up this well this early. I don't know if it is from all that time in the Bumbo or what, but she is pretty good and rarely falls over. She sits kinda funny and spreads her legs pretty far, which probably helps her balance. My mom says she has such good balance because of her big bum, which is probably also true! She has a pretty big base.
Avery is starting to laugh a lot more and loves playing, especially with her big brother and sister. She still loves playing pat-a-cake, but her new favorite game is peek-a-boo. It can really get her laughing.
Avery has started to get really loud - She is a bit of a screamer now! Her sweet soft coos are now loud screams and lots of growling. She especially loves to talk to her toys. The ones that dangle from her carseat or swing or bouncer are her favorite.
Avery has started to grab at my face or hair all the time. She wants to eat my hair, which is gross. She does it a lot when she is sleepy and she also does her little growl while she is grabbing me. She has also started to rub her eyes a lot when she is tired, which I think is cute.
Avery puts EVERYTHING in her mouth now and is getting very good at grabbing toys and even shaking them or moving them from hand to hand. It is amazing how quickly all this stuff starts happening!
I had to take Avery to the Dr for her nasty cough at a little after 5 months, and found out she had a double ear infection (her 1st). I would have NEVER known she had an ear infection because she doesn't act very fussy. She weighed 16 lbs 3 oz at that appointment.
We have also discovered a new trick with Avery to get her to sleep. If we put her down at the right time, we wrap her up and she goes right to sleep. If we wait too long, she will get pretty fussy. She usually goes down pretty quick if we bounce her a little, but sometimes she is way tired and a little upset. If we walk up and down our stairs about 2 times, she will be out! It is kind of a funny thing and I'm not sure how we discovered it, but it works like a charm when she is fighting sleep so hard.
Avery has started to do this funny thing where she grips her little fists together and then pumps them up and down over and over again. I don't really know how to describe it, but she does it a lot. I think she is just trying to figure out how her hands work, but it is pretty funny! She is also working really hard to clap her hands and do pat-a-cake on her own. She hasn't quite figured it out yet, but it is a little funny to watch her try and work it out.
How did my tiny baby get so big????

1 comment:

Jenny said...

She is sooo gorgeous! I love all her smiles!