Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Avery's Blessing

I am having lots of technology troubles lately! The blog has suffered, but I am hoping to catch up soon! On Sunday, November 22nd, we blessed our sweet little Avery. Our church is at 8:30 AM and since most of our family lives an hour or more away, we decided that wouldn't work for anyone, so we had the blessing at our house that Sunday afternoon and it was really nice. I thought it might be kind of weird, but it was a really cool way to do it - It is much more intimate and great to have that experience and spirit in our home. It was great to have most of our family there to support us and share our special day. After the blessing, we had a yummy dinner and somehow we managed to fit everyone in our house!

Our family

I was hoping for a picture of the kids with Avery, but they wouldn't cooperate! Too many people to play with!

Darren and I with our sweet baby girl. She was an angel all day, as usual. She didn't seem to mind being passed around at all and was happy the whole time everyone was there.
These are lots of pictures of Avery all dressed up. I know it is silly to spend a lot of money for a dress they will wear once, but I had to have the perfect dress! I shopped everywhere here (which isn't a lot...not too many places to shop!) and ended up ordering it online from the same place I got Rylee's. I loved it!
I love the bottom of this dress!
I love this sweet girl! It is so fun to dress up baby girls with matching bows and bracelets!
Avery and her proud daddy! I am so grateful that Darren is able to give our children blessings and use his priesthood. It is such a great blessing for all of us. He is such a great daddy!
Me and my Avery


Avery and Grandma and Grandpa Boman

Rylee and Avery with Uncle Dean and Aunt Laura. Rylee was SO excited to see them!

These are all the people who stood in the circle to bless Avery. That is an advantage of a blessing at home - You can snap pictures after! I don't think they were too happy with my request, but they are used to me by now. Avery is so blessed to have so many people who love and care about her. They are: (l to r) Great-Uncle Rex (my dad's brother), Grandpa Boman, Uncle Dean, Grandpa Bill, Uncle Kevin, Robb Lifferth (a good family friend), Daddy and Avery, Uncle Brian, Uncle Cory and Uncle Jay. (Uncle Matt had to work and Uncle Curt lives in North Carolina so we were missing a couple of people. The Bishop was also in the circle but he snuck out a little too quick for a picture. Avery was so great during the blessing and the bishop commented that she looked like she was listening very closely to every word. Darren said she was so sweet and just looked up at him the whole time.
Avery with Great-Grandma Pauline. This was the only time she was upset all day - Just when I wanted a few last pictures.
Avery and Great-Grandma Mary
Avery with Grandma and Grandpa Webber. I didn't do a very good job of getting pictures of everyone there, but we had a full house! We have LARGE families, so with just our families and a couple of friends there were about 50 people! It was a little crazy, but so fun!
We are so grateful for Avery. She has been such a special blessing and added so much to our family. It is so funny how another little person can come into your home and change everything so much, yet I can't remember life without her here and she just seems to fit with our family. She is the sweetest baby I have ever seen. She is always so happy and I think she was born with a smile. She has brought a special spirit to our home. Heavenly Father truly does know what we need when he sends these sweet babies to us. She is perfect for our family! It has been hard adjusting to 3 kids, but I love watching Logan and Rylee and how tender and sweet they are with her (most of the time...) I'm sad at how quickly Avery is growing, but I also am so interested to see what she has in store for her because she is truly a special little girl and we are so lucky to have her. One of the things that Darren mentioned in her blessing is that Avery has a calming influence. She really does. She is so mellow and sweet and it is so hard not to smile and be happy around her! I want Avery to know how much she is loved and how grateful we are that she is part of our family. I also want her to know how grateful I am to have the gospel, especially so that we can all be together as a family forever. We are so grateful for everyone who came to spend our day with us and for all those who love our kids. It is such a great blessing to have so many people who want to help us and who love and care for them.

No comments: