Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Recent Stuff

Since I am working on posting pictures from July, I thought I would just do a quick recap of some recent things.  Just things I don't want to forget before I get around to posting them in March, or whenever I actually get things current.  So, here are some things going on lately.

Bronson practically grew up overnight.  Really.  He had his first haircut a couple weeks ago. Then we left on our trip and he went swimming for the first time, started crawling, got his first tooth and learned to clap and wave.  And turned 7 months.  All within 4 days!  Crazy!  He was the BEST baby on the trip.  He just went along with whatever we were doing and never got too upset if he missed a nap or feeding.  He loved the lights and he really loved all the characters.  He always wanted to grab their faces!  He was great in the car, too.  He is the sweetest thing ever.  Now that we are home, he is crawling all over the place!  I am a little nervous that the tree and presents are in big trouble!  We'll see if they survive...  He has been super fussy since he has cut 2 teeth and is the biggest mama's boy lately, but I don't mind too much.  I know how quickly they grow up and he just might be my last baby so I'm trying to just enjoy it.

Avery is hilarious lately.  Seriously the funniest girl ever!  She makes me laugh all day long!  She is Mrs Personality and has so many funny things she says and facial expressions that crack me up.  I just wish I could remember them all.  She was my favorite age at Disneyland.  The only sad part was that she was about 2 inches too short for the big rides.  She would have loved them!  But, she loved pretty much everything.  She was a little nervous about the characters at first (she has a BIG fear of the Chick-fil-A cow and Big Blue...) but she did great with most of them.  Some of the bigger ones she needed Mom or Dad to meet.  She held out her autograph book and stood back as far as she could when she met Woody.  It was hilarious.  But everything was so magic and real to her.  I loved watching her there.  She was always dancing around and having such a great time!  She especially loved the Princesses and asked to meet "Princess A-wawa" (Aurora) every day.  So cute!  Since we have been home, she has been saying so many funny things.  I love this age.  She talks SO cute and her little voice melts my heart about 100 times a day.  Even when she is a stinker!

My little Rylee has been the biggest sweetheart lately!  Sometimes she is a difficult child to handle because she can be very particular about a lot of things, but lately she has been the best helper!  I love it!  She is always asking how she can help and entertains Bronson for me all the time.  She was so great on the trip.  We usually do a point system for the kids to earn their souvenirs and she had the most because she was an angel!  She rode just about everything and loved it all and even got to meet Merida from the movie Brave, which is her favorite Princess right now.  She loved her autograph book and she loved being the Daredevil to ride all the rides when Logan wouldn't.  She even rode Tower of Terror with daddy!  And she wanted to ride California Screamin' - the big roller coaster - but she wasn't tall enough.  She picked out a Merida Barbie doll at the end of the trip for her souvenir, but it was something I had actually already ordered and was supposed to be shipped to our hotel and it didn't make it there before we had to leave.  My sister was coming the next week, so I arranged for her to pick it up, but that meant that Rylee had to go home without it and she didn't even complain.  On the trip, we were talking about them missing school and that when they got back they could tell their friends about some of the things they did.  Rylee was so sweet and said that her friend Dessie had never been to Disneyland so she didn't want to talk about it at school because she might feel bad that she didn't get to go.  I just love her!

Logan has been a bit hard lately, and that is rare for me to say about Logan because he has always been a really easy child.  He just never seems to want to work, but he wants to do fun things all the time and he has gotten a little sassy, too, which has never been like him before.  I guess we are just entering the next phase of life with our kids and getting closer to teenager-hood...  He was a lot of fun on the trip most of the time.  We had a hard time getting  him to ride things.  I don't really understand why he still has a fear of some things since we have been there SO many times, but we didn't push it too much this time.  He was so excited about the things he loves though.  That is something I really love about Logan.  He is so passionate about things and when he loves something, you will know it!  Anytime we were in Tomorrowland, he was jumping up and down and was so excited and wanted to hurry to the next thing.  As long as we didn't mention the Matterhorn, he did pretty well...  There were a few other rides he didn't want to do either.  It made me a little crazy, but oh well!  I think he rode Space Mountain and Star Tours at least 5 times each!  He also loved Cars Land and a lot of things at California Adventure and was the only one who enjoyed our day at San Diego Wild Animal Park.  He was SO excited to see a cheetah run and to see a California Condor.  Even when we had to hike HUGE hills to see it.  The rest of us were exhausted, but Logan was running up the hills and jumping up and down!  He is always talking about some dream he had or "what if..." and all these scenarios about Legos or things at Disneyland.  His mind is always going a million miles an hour, and he usually is, too.  I just wish I could keep up!  Most of the time, his conversations are very in-depth about Ninjago or Hero Factory and I have NO idea what we are talking about!  Logan says some of the funniest things - I wish I could remember them!  He uses the funniest and most grown-up phrases and terminology.  The other day he had me laughing so hard because he was talking about some new lego thing and he kept saying the word, "Extra-tetestrials"  Haha!  Love him!

Can't wait for Christmas!  I have so much still to do but the kids are so excited!  I think it will be a fun year for them!  Just have SO much to get done! 

And just because I can't stand to do a post without a picture, here is one.  My cute kiddos on Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for this funny bunch!  They make me happy!  And a little crazy.  But, mostly happy!  

No comments: