Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kids Say Funny Stuff

Here are a couple recent funnies....

All 3 of my kids say "amn't I?"  instead of aren't I.  It makes me laugh every time they say it and I never correct them because I think it is so cute!  

Last night, Avery said the prayer on dinner.  It went something like, "Bless Heavenly Father to be good.  Bless us to be good.  Bless the food to be good...."
When she finished Logan said, "She said bless Heavenly Father to be good!" like there was something seriously wrong with saying that.
Then Rylee chipped in and said, "Yeah.  He has NO choice!  He's already UP THERE (pointing to the sky.)  He HAS to be good!"

We spent the weekend at a Family reunion with my extended family on the Boman side. We had a great time and my kids were just about the only small kids there, so they provided a lot of the entertainment for everyone.  Logan loves it when it is like that and really enjoys being the center of attention.  He said a LOT of funny things, but I can't remember them all. The highlight was his little guided tour.  He called it "The Bon Jay" tour with a bit of a French accent.  It was a tour to go see some deer bones.  The caretaker for the lodge had a grandson about Logan's age and he showed him this amazing site, so then Logan wanted to share it with everyone.  I asked why it was called the Bon Jay tour and Logan explained that it had started in France but now was in the US  and that he didn't REALLY speak French, but "in my mind Bon Jay means adventure".  He was hilarious taking everyone on the tour.  I wish I could remember all the funny things he was saying, but I think it was really just the way he was and his mannerisms that was the best part.  He spoke in this deep, official sounding voice that I guess was his tour guide voice and he used phrases like "as you can see" and "if you look here" He explained that if you took the tour 3 times, you could become a senior adventurer and find your way back by yourself.   And at the end he would say in a VERY distinct tour guide type voice,  "Thanks for taking the Bon Jay tour.  Enjoy your day here at the Lodge!"  That kid is so funny!  Everyone seemed to really enjoy taking the tour.  I wish I had his energy and enthusiasm!

We went to the Brigham City temple open house this week.  It was so pretty inside and I loved the opportunity for my kids to be inside the temple and see what it is like and feel the spirit there.  Avery could not stop talking about the "ever and ever" mirrors in the sealing room where you can see your reflection going on and on.  I thought that was so cute.  Afterwards, we were taking some pictures outside the temple and Logan asked if he could touch the temple.  We said that was fine and he said very dramatically, "Its like I'm being whisked up to heaven."

The other day, Darren caught Avery playing with one of the outlets.  I don't know why, but we have always described the shock you get from an outlet to our kids as a bite.  So, Darren told her not to play with that or it would bite her.  She looked at him really funny and then said, "It not going to bite me.  It got no mouf.  It can't bite.  It got no teef."

My visiting teachers showed up last week just as I was cleaning up a blowout.  Darren took Bronson upstairs to bathe him.  Avery had been up changing out of her church dress and came down and sat on my lap.  She smelled bad so I checked her pants....  She WAS wearing a diaper at church, but now she had panties on and they had some skid marks in them....  I asked her about her diaper and she proudly told me she had changed it!  I took a quick break from the VTs and ran upstairs.  I found her poopy diaper on the floor in her room and it was all rolled neatly and taped up, so I figured she had done a pretty good job and left her to her daddy to clean up her bum.  He asked her about it and she said, "I take off my diaper and poop go everywhere!"  Darren said, "It went everywhere?"  And she said, "Yeah,  and I step in it!"  Sure enough, he checked her room and there was a spot of poop and poop on her foot that she had been tracking around the house!  Oh the joys of potty training!

The other day we were on a little drive running errands and we drove by the first apartment that Darren and I lived in when we were first married, so I pointed it out to the kids.  Avery said, "Oh.  Is that where you was burned?"  She meant born...

Today Rylee got off the bus SO excited!  I asked her what the best part of her day was and she proudly said, "I have HOMEWORK!"  I hope her excitement for school and homework continue!!!  

A couple weeks ago, we were driving up the canyon to meet some friends at Bear Lake to go boating.  We saw some cowboys that were rounding up the cattle and Darren pointed it out to the kids.  Logan was amazed that there were actually REAL cowboys.  He said, "I thought cowboys were only stuff in legends.  I thought they lived 30,000 years ago.  You know, with pistols and whips."

No comments: