Thursday, June 25, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

In a pathetic attempt to catch up my blog, I am doing the unthinkable and posting pictures from a few months ago. It is lame, but since I want to make a blog book soon, I don't want to leave out months at a time. I was hoping to be caught up on posting by the end of the month, but I don't think that is going to happen. I still have so many things to post and the month is almost gone....Maybe July will be better! Here is a post of our random, everyday events from FEBRUARY and MARCH! It is nothing too exciting, but I don't want to forget my cute kids and all the funny things they do while they are small! They are growing up WAY too fast!!!
FEBRUARY
Rylee has turned into quite the little bookworm lately. She prefers to look at books "by herself" (just like EVERYTHING else she does) and even says lots of lines from the books she is looking at so she tells me she will "read to you". I love that she loves books!I think this is so funny - She is licking her finger to turn the pages. I must do that more than I think if she has picked up on it! She is such a sponge and mimics everything I do!So into her book! I think this one is "If you Give a Pig a Pancake" - She LOVES those books!


And my other little bookworm! It took Rylee awhile to really like books because she is such a busy body, she hasn't liked to sit down and look at them until recently. Logan, however, has always been a book boy and LOVES to read!!!
This is not a great picture, but the reason that I am posting it is because Logan took it! He loves to steal my camera and take pictures around the house and I find the most random shots on there sometimes.
Here is another lovely shot from my budding photographer!Rylee went poop in the potty for the first time in February! I will spare you the picture that shows the poop, but she is quite proud of herself! She has sort of lost her potty interest, but I am now bribing her with big girl panties, and since that is another accessory for her, she is starting to seem interested again!One of Rylee's many fashion statements! She is always dressing herself in random combinations and putting stuff on over the clothes she has on - This time it was Logan's pull up! Luckily, it was a fresh one!
We went to a couple gymnastics meets this season at USU. The kids really liked it. Rylee loved the beam and the dancing on the floor and Logan thought the vault was SO cool! One of the nights was autograph night and the kids got posters signed by the whole team. Since we did this for the basketball team, Logan insisted that we stay! The girls LOVED him! What a ladies man!
Rylee got a lot of attention, too! The all thought she was so cute in her cheer outfit!
Just two cute kids!!!Rylee being silly! She pulls this face almost every time I ask for a picture! She LOVES cooking for all of us in her kitchen and looks so cute in her little apron.
One without the silly face - Notice the collection of ponytail holders on her arm - She went into the bathroom and put ALL of those on herself! Such a girly girl!
She also put 3 or 4 headbands on all at once and did her own hair - Lovely, right? Maybe this style will catch on!
I had to post a picture of this somewhere! These are a pair of Logan's "Sleeping Socks"! I have NO idea where this came but every night, he has to have his stuffed animal and sippy, but he also insists on making sure there are a pair of socks under his pillow, which he calls "Sleeping Socks"! What a funny kid! Sometimes I will check and there will be 7 or 8 separate socks under there! No wonder I can't find mates! These ones are a brand new pair still attached. Where do they come up with this stuff?
Here is Logan all dressed for the day all ...by himself! There are a couple problems - It is February and he has shorts on, and they are BACKWARDS! Logan has never been one to do much for himself, which is partially my fault because I just always do it for him since it goes much faster that way. Lately, I have been trying to get him to do more for himself. He is doing a pretty good job dressing himself, although we do get some interesting outfits. The only problem is that his clothes seem to ALWAYS end up backwards! Even his underwear! They look like a little thong backwards and it always makes me laugh when I check to see if they are right. Too bad Kris Kross isn't still in style - Logan would be SO cool with his backwards clothes!
My Sleeping Beauty - Is there anything sweeter than this?
MARCH
Here is one of our many daily messes! My kids had a friend over and I went upstairs to check on things and they had found the body paint for the tub and were all covered in it! I think Logan mostly painted the girls - Rylee's shirt was off and she was covered in blue stuff! Luckily, it was very washable since it was made for the tub. This mess was much better than when they got into the Desitin this month!
My kids are getting to the age where they actually play together and I love when they do! (They have also started to fight a lot more, but we'll focus on the positive...) They use their imaginations so well! This day they were using this box as a "boat" and Logan was using his baseball bat as a paddle. They had quite an adventure!
This was a night we were all so tired! I had gone to get Logan a sippy cup and he was waiting for me to come back and read his story. When I came back a few minutes later, he was totally zonked out! Poor tired little boy!
March marked the end of the Aggie basketball season! This picture was the last game of the season and I have no idea what is going on with that face Logan is pulling. The Aggies had a great season and won the WAC! We LOVED having season tickets and watching the Aggies! The kids are the biggest Aggie fans and have so much fun at the games. It was a great family activity and it was a little sad that it was over, although it was a LOT of games to go to!
Our little cheerleader - She LOVES this outfit and HAS to wear it to every game and yells and cheers at all the games! She loves to dance along with the cheerleaders and knows lots of the cheers. She is a bit of a crazy girl at the games, but for the most part did really well. Her favorite part is watching Big Blue rappel down from the Jumbotron to start the game.
Rylee didn't have to buy a seat, but it was OK because her and Logan both fit in one! Of course, that never lasted too long.
Logan is a True Blue Aggie fan, just like Daddy! He is always pretending he is Gary Wilkinson or Jared Quayle and knows lots of the players' names. He loves to cheer just like Daddy and gets pretty excited and worked up at the games! His favorite part of the game is getting a half time treat.
Aggie fans!
This is a hug, not a choke hold! They sure miss watching the Aggies!
In March, Logan also made the move to a REAL big boy bed! Here is his last night in the toddler bed....
And now onto the REAL deal! We have been putting off the big boy bed thing just because it required buying one, but my mom got new beds for my brother's and had an extra one, so we decided it was time to move on. Rylee needs the toddler bed soon... Logan has been doing great and LOVES his new BIG bed!
I love that smile!
Here is another little mess! I was doing my hair one Sunday morning (I hate Sunday mornings since Darren is gone to meetings...) and went into the bedroom to find these two looking very guilty! They had gotten into Darren's stash of candy and eaten a whole tube of Reese's Cups (the mini ones). There were wrappers and chocolate everywhere!!!Guilty little girl....I think she is still hiding one behind her back, the little stinker!
These are pictures from one of our snow days in March! Yes...still snowing in Utah in March! I love this one of Rylee! She is so cute all bundled up!
Logan digging in the snow. They love playing in it!
The snow was kind of weird and broke off in these big frozen chunks! The kids thought it was so funny to carry around big blocks of snow!
Here is Logan eating the snow - My kids love to eat the snow! Good thing this snow was relatively new!
Gotta love this sweet face!!!
This is Darren's attempt at a cartwheel! He is such a great daddy to go out and play in the snow with them! They love to chase him and have snowball fights and love their daddy and all the silly and fun things they do together.
Logan throwing the snow up and trying to catch it on his tongue.
Rylee just carried snow around to eat. She isn't into getting in and playing in the snow too much. She does think that throwing snowballs in one of the funniest things ever, but other than that, she sticks to eating it!
My silly crew having fun together making snow angels
In March, we were able to go to the Draper Temple Open House. This picture isn't the greatest, but proves we were there. I was so glad that my kids were able to experience the temple and how special it is. They were so happy for the chance to go inside! It was a great experience, except for the fact that it took over 3 hours at lunch and naptime, but it was worth it! Logan LOVED the baptisimal font! He wants to be "bath-tized" there and I think he will be disappointed on his "bath-tizm" day when it is not at the temple and there are not 12 oxen at the font because he thought that was the coolest thing! Rylee loved the mirrors where she could see "ever and ever" and whenever we talk about the temple, she will say "see myself ever and ever!" So precious!This was at the open house afterwards. We were all starving and so excited about the cookies!
In March, we celebrated my Grandma Mary's birthday by all going out to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory in Salt Lake. Darren and my brother ,Jeff, both showed up in the SAME shirt! What cute TWINS!!! I think they planned it.... My brother was So embarrassed!!!
That was also when we announced our new baby!!! Everyone loved these cute Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing 3 shirts that Darren made!
Rylee and her cousin "Baby Sophey"! She LOVES her and can't leave her alone anytime we see her! She is going to be a great big sister! (Although Sophey does not nearly as happy as Rylee...)We were also able to meet our good friend's, the White's, downtown at the Gateway for dinner. They had come up from Las Vegas for a wedding and we met at Tucano's to have dinner. Little Natalie ate like 20 chicken hearts - So funny!!! This is the only picture I have.... I swear I took some of Logan and Natalie and all of us at dinner, but I guess not! We had a great time with them and loved seeing them! Logan was SO sad when they had to leave - He cried for a long time on the way home!
Logan trying out some roller skates. He did pretty good, but didn't last long. It was kind of warm, so the kids wanted to be outside, but not warm enough to be outside without coats. So they had to play and ride bikes all bundled up!
Logan took a few spills but he did really good and didn't even get upset. Good thing he insisted on wearing his helmet and knee pads!
I felt really bad because the baby's ultrasound was on St Patrick's Day and I kind of forgot about making a fun green breakfast for the kids. Darren made up for it a few days later though and made a BLUE breakfast since the Aggies were playing in the NCAA tourney that day. We are HUGE March Madness fans at our house and LOVE filling out the bracket and watching LOTS of basketball! I won bragging rights this year and beat Darren (and most of the pool....I came in 2nd or 3rd!) Darren made BLUE pancakes with BLUEberry syrup and BLUE milk and the kids loved it!
Logan thought BLUE milk was SO cool!
Rylee showing off her Scotsman (the Aggie cheer, for those who don't know)
Eating our Aggie breakfast!
The Aggie game was on TV, but they kept showing other games, so Darren found it on the internet and we were all crowded around the laptop for awhile. The Aggies lost a heartbreaker to St Mary's! They were SO close!!! It was a sad day at our house :(
I love this picture of Rylee - I think it really captures her personality. March was also Rylee's birthday, so that was a big part of our March activities, too. I can't believe she is already 2!

1 comment:

Clark Family said...

Good thing I don't have anything to do at work so I can read your BLOG!!!:) You keep a very detailed history! It's fun to read about what's going on! And your blogbook will be awesome. I wanna see it once you get it!