Friday, November 16, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things!

So...I have a few odd obesessions! One of these is Ice Skating – I have been watching any figure skating event on TV since I was very young and know most of the skaters and a lot of useless information about them and the sport itself. I have no idea how this started, but I can't remember not watching any ice skating event on TV. (It is the same with gymnastics...) Another obsession of mine is reality TV and American Idol – I love that show! My favorite season was season 2, and one of my favorite contestants was Clay Aiken. So…imagine my excitement when a figure skating tour came to town with musical guest Clay Aiken! A dream come true! Even better was the fact that they were at the Orleans Arena where our neighbor works and can get us in for free! So, Darren and I had a date night (another favorite thing) to go to the event, which was taped for a Christmas Day TV Special. (Now you can all tune in too!) I was pretty nerdy and excited about the whole thing. Darren was a pretty good sport to go along – He took a lot of teasing for going, especially since he missed his basketball night. I offered to take a friend, but he said we really needed a night out so it was good to spend a little time together. (Truthfully, I think he is as big of a Clay fan as me and that is why it went, but he won't admit to it...) Some friends watched Logan because I didn’t think he would sit through it very well, but we had Rylee. I was a little excited to introduce her to ice skating and she was quite intrigued by the whole thing and was even clapping by the end of the night – It was really cute! Clay was amazing! His voice was SO good – I couldn’t believe it. I got goosebumps several times during the show. There were several big name skaters including Sasha Cohen (one of my favorites) and Todd Eldredge. It was a lot of fun! At the end, they even brought Clay out on a pair of skates and helped him around the ice. It was a great night - my hubby, date night, my little girl, ice skating, Christmas music and Clay Aiken! It doesn't get too much better!This is all the skaters at the end of the performance and Clay Aiken in the middle! We were a little far away so the picture didn't come out too good, but you get the idea!

No comments: