Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Little Man

Wow! I am pretty sure I have never been so bad at blogging in my 4 year blogging history! I have totally fallen off the wagon! To be honest, there have been a lot of things lately that I have had to put on hold for awhile. I have some good excuses. Well, I think they are good excuses! The month of September, we spent a week in Disneyland and had the BEST vacation ever, but getting ready for it and then catching up when we got home put me behind on a lot of things. (Also, I took over 2000 pictures, so that will take awhile to edit and blog....)
Besides coming home from vacation, Darren had his knee surgery a few days after we got home and was pretty much stuck on the couch for a few weeks. Also during this time, I was REALLY sick. I haven't really shared our big news on the blog or Facebook, but we are expecting baby #4! We are really excited and will be finding out the sex of the baby in just about a week. The suspense is killing me! But, having Darren down and out from surgery and having me being exhausted and sick from my pregnancy left our house in a bit of a crisis mode for a little bit and only things that HAD to be done got done. We are still recovering from that! I am now feeling much better, but I have spent much of the last few weeks working on a fundraiser for a dear friend who recently had a baby with a very rare disorder. The fundraiser turned out to be much more work than I expected. I really enjoyed doing it - I worked with some of the best ladies and we were able to pull off something amazing and raised over $10,000! However, my house and family were severely neglected for awhile. And my blog. So, there is my LONG list of excuses! I am attempting to catch up, but I know it is going to be tough!

Anyway - On to the subject of my post... Our little man! Since I posted pictures of the girls, I figured I better include some of our Logan. He is growing up much too quickly and I can't believe that he is just about SIX and a HALF! Time flies! If you don't know Logan, you should! Everyone should know someone like Logan. He LOVES life and is so passionate about everything and the funniest things come out of his mouth. If I didn't know better, I would think sometimes that he is SIXTY, not six! He just has this way of saying things and thinking about things that are well beyond his years.

He had his 1st grade pics taken in September. When he brought home the pictures, I knew we would be participating in retake day...Not his best look!

Fortunately, it did get better!
Isn't he handsome????

And when I had my photographer do some family pictures for us, she took a couple of Logan that I love. He even smiled even though he hates having his picture taken!

I just love this boy! He is finally really starting to love first grade and school all day. It was a bit of an adjustment for him, but he is finally doing great and he loves having so many friends in his class. His teacher was making him redo a lot of work because he is not always very neat, but he is getting better and better at his handwriting and is loving all the books he gets to bring home. He only hates first grade when he finds out about fun things we do during the day while he is at school and he can't come along, but I think school lunch makes up for most of that! He LOVES that!

Logan says some of the funniest things. About a month ago, Darren took his for his Flu mist. He was very hesitant to get out of the car because he was worried that it was a trick and it was going to be a shot. (He has my fear of needles...) Darren finally got him in and the nurses told him to sniff the shot as they were administering it. He sniffed and then said, "Hmmm... smells like the Nile River!" The nurses didn't know what to do and they were all laughing and one asked, "How do you know? Have you been to the Nile?" Logan said, "No. That is just what I imagine it would smell like."

He FINALLY has a loose tooth! He has been stressing over this for a LONG time and is always complaining that he was going to be the last one in his class to lose a tooth. He actually has 2 loose ones and he loves to wiggle them. They could be the result of him punching himself in the face for the last few months trying to get a loose tooth like everyone else, but either way, they are finally really loose. However, he now is pretty nervous about them falling out.

Despite how big Logan has gotten, he still sucks his thumb and rubs your finger. I sometimes hate it, but secretly, there is a part of me that is happy about it because it makes him seem more like my little boy and not like the big 1st grader who all of a sudden has a bit of an attitude.

Logan has recently discovered Netflix and LOVES the old school cartoons we have introduced him to. Transformers, HeMan, Inspector Gadget - He LOVES them all and Darren and I like that he watches them, too. He also got really into Cars 2 lately and loves to talk about all the different cars and how fast they can go and how much they cost. He has started calling Darren's Accord a "family sedan" because that is what Darren told him it is called.

Logan is still obsessed with all things Star Wars, and particularly Star Wars Legos. He is an expert on all things relating to them. He can tell you what planet you can mine the crystals that go in each Jedi's lightsabers and many other trivia questions. He got a Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar and I can get him to do pretty much anything each day so that he can open the next box. It is awesome!

I am so proud of the little boy Logan is becoming. He is always so nice to other kids, even when they are not so nice to him. He is always telling me about some of his friends who aren't very nice to him when they are around other kids and won't always include him, but he never seems mad at them and always still wants to be their friend anyway.

Logan also recently saw his BIG Christmas gift in the trunk of Darren's car. Darren quickly made up a story that it was for someone in need and that I was taking it to my fundraiser. The day of the fundraiser I made a big deal about loading it up so that he would see it to make him think we were really getting rid of it. I asked him if he wanted to look at it real quick and he did. Then he said, "Mom, I know some little boy is going to love this. I'm really glad that we are giving it away!" He melted my heart! And yesterday we went to a live nativity and took food to donate and he just loved to shop in my cupboards for food for the needy. Today, he brought home a flyer from school for a fundraiser they are doing at his school. They are raising money to buy animals for people in need. $250 will buy a water buffalo and that is what Logan wants to do. He talked all day about what he could do to earn some money and how much he wanted to donate and how he really wanted at least $10 to get some chicks. He has also been talking a lot the last few days about how he would like to go to California and tell them to stop fishing for sharks in the ocean because he read a book about how so many are becoming extinct and he really likes sharks and is very worried about that.

I love how passionate he is and I love how giving and loving he is becoming. He is so sweet and has a big heart and I am so grateful that he is our little man!

2 comments:

bladenfamily said...

He's such a fun kid. We are going to miss him.

Karmann said...

I just love your kids!!! They are the cutest!!! Congrats on finding out you are having another boy! How wonderful for Logan and to have two of each!! Such a blessing! Love and miss you!!!